Benefits of improving delivery of child survival often go unrecognised beyond the prevention of death.
Here are ten tangible outcomes that are worth celebrating:
- More effective spending of aid which is currently deployed.
- Greater impact on eradicating disease.
- Improved health and education among women.
- Counter-intuitively, results in a reduction of an otherwise unchecked population growth (shown by all historical trends).
- Encourages stronger community fabric for those living in the worst poverty.
- Encourages entrepreneurial pursuit in other areas for those living in the worst poverty.
- Knowledge sharing leading to other game-changing breakthroughs.
- Exhilaration of knowing the lives of millions of people have been changed for the better.
- Lower maternal mortality.
- Preservation of the environment through the strategic benefit of shaping population growth.